Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scralifornia

My visit to the Bay Area was almost two weeks long, but it flew like nothing. The fact that I go crazy after being in NYC for over four days and can chill in SF with no end in sight means a lot. Mostly that I freaking love it there. Here are the highlights:

  1. Lying in the Dolores Park: It's still a clusterfuck of trustfund layabouts, but I don't let their vintage sweaters or 40s get me down any more. That's right. After a year in Boston I no longer discriminate against hipsters in my people watching. I was simply delighted to see sexy people in cute clothes (and no khakis) I just sat back and enjoyed the view.
  2. Food, food, glorious food: So many tacos. I tried to eat at least one a day. In the end I feel off, but I did my best. The restaurants of the Mission are better than my momma's kitchen (by a lot). Soyrizo I miss you already.
  3. Walking: Right now I live on a tree lined street, and can walk my dog for hours without stepping over turds, used condoms or syringes. This is lovely, but nothing beats a nice walk through the city. So many sights and sounds; coffee shops to stop in and little stores to browse. Sigh.
  4. Friends: Ok, these folks clearly come first before tacos and people watching, but it seems annoying to start my list out that way. All I will say is that once upon a time I had friends, and I had enough friends to feel apart of a community. I had enough acquaintances to feel like I was a part of a scene, but that was much less important. There are so many people I love in the Bay Area, I don't know how I ever left. I also don't know when I'm coming back.
  5. Redwoods: You are so giant and magestic how can you be real? I went camping in Guerneville and Pescadero and the trees made me feel like I was living in a hobbit land.

1 comment:

me|inda said...

Oh, Weasel! Hooray! I squeal on your behalf. xo

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]