Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Smoke Your Marajuanic-ah

My good friend from high school, Eleza, wrote a piece about the meaning of Hanukka and the great party her parents throw for the Generation J web site. I am a very honored gentile to be mentioned in the article. I love the Hanukka Party and I am sad Hanukka is early this year because I am going to miss it!

One of my favorite memories of the Hanukka party is the year Eleza asked me to bring my brother's Adam Sandler CD so that we could play the Hanukka song. So I brought it (the Catholics deliver) and in the middle of the party, while some very religious guests from Israel were having what appeared to be a spiritually important conversation, Eleza put on the CD and started dancing and singing along really loud in the middle of the room. The Jews from the Holy Land looked perplexed at this American show of enthusiasm but as we would say in Boston, it was wicked awesome.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]