Thursday, December 20, 2007

Smell You Later

I am flying home tonight for X-mas on a red eye...I will arrive in Boston at approximately 6am tomorrow morning, EST, which will feel like 3am for my body--fun. I hate red eyes so much and every time I get off the plane in Boston or NYC I vow never to take another one again. But I am cheap and they are usually the most affordable price so months later I find myself thinking "it won't be that bad, I'll sleep the next day." So here we go again.

It has been snowing a lot back East and my family keeps telling me to pack my warm clothes. Wha? They don't seem to understand that I wear the same clothes all year round: jeans, tshirt, hoodie and various jackets, depending on the season. Last year it was 50 degrees at Christmas time and I found myself thinking that with the whole global warming thing I could handle moving back. So I went ahead and applied to a bunch of grad schools on the East Coast.

This trip will be a sort of mini-challenge, can I handle the snow for 9 days? If so, maybe I could handle the snow for five months? That seems like a big leap so I'm just taking baby steps and for today doing my best by bringing my motorcycle boots.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]