Monday, December 1, 2008

silence, please

It's hard sharing the library with undergraduates, they test my patience. It's like being in the middle of 8000 conversations at once, none of which I feel comfortable responding to directly.

Overheard

Gay Boy: I haven't eaten any solid food today, so I bought myself a muffin. Sometimes I go a week and then realize all I've eaten the whole week is a bagel.

Straight Girl: I know, like half a bagel. Ha, ha, ha.

Dear youngsters, please don't discuss your eating disorders so loudly when your sitting next to me. I'm trying to write a paper and find your problems distracting and depressing. Please go to the counseling center and talk to one of the therapists. Also, a muffin from Dunkin Donuts is not a good dinner, it's just not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! lol funny, and tragic. you always have the whip-smart retort Mel.

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]