Monday, November 3, 2008

Everything Feels Hard

I called my aunt in Nevada to remind her to vote and encourage her to vote for Barack. She told me she's voting for McCain and then I told her I hope she doesn't vote. She reminded me everyone has the right to vote, so I pretended I was kidding. I am trying to remember that my family member's views are not a personal attack on me but I felt a rage welling up inside of me and then a desire to cry. It's so hard not to take this all very personally, even though it's REALLY NOT ABOUT ME. Tomorrow is going to be an intense day, I'm hopeful but nervous.

A little later...

Someone recommended that I throw a fit if I want to, so I started yelling and rolling around on the floor when Artemisia came running over to see what was wrong. She started purring and climbed up on my chest and then drooled right in my mouth. Kitties make it all better.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]