Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mushroom Baby

Last night I felt sad pondering questions of life and death (duh), so to distract myself (my fav coping mechanism) I began obsessing about the material items I don't have but want (thank you capitalism!) or just things I could consume (thank you addiction!). What was first on my short list? Enough kombucha mushroom tea to never have to visit those rip off jerks at Whole Foods again.

Thanks to the generosity of a Craigslist stranger, I now sit before you, 24 short hours later, the proud owner of a big yeasty mass. I had to drive to Waban to get my schroom from a tiny Eastern European lady who's husband won't touch the stuff. Felt like I was apart of some secret society of hippies. So awesome.

I am going to combine the magic healing powers of my ginger wellness tea with kombucha--I can't wait. I'm pretty sure I've discovered the fountain of youth. Look out world, cause I'm gonna live forever. But maybe that's not good news since I tend to be chronically depressed. In any case, let the brewing begin!

PS I plan to buy the wild fermentation book and start making my own kraut too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummm...congrats? please don't touch me with your big yeasty mass.

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]