Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weasels Gone Wild, Spring Break '09!

Spring break began for me on Thursday at 9:20pm, when I busted out of my copy editing class after finishing the midterm (don't think I did well). Since then I've been up to all manner of crazy hijinks. First thing I did was take myself down to the Tam, a nice dive bar near Emerson, scrape together all my coins, and buy a PBR. I've had a little cash flow problem the past few weeks, so that was all I could afford, but the bartender said she didn't mind me paying with quarters. We're in a recession after all.

Things have only gotten more awesome since then. Friday I went to Harvard Square with Tory, and ate Indian Food while watching Californiacation and Wizard People, Dear Reader (cray cray). Saturday I took my grammy out to thai food with my cousin, Jen, which was just about the sweetest thing anyone has ever seen. And today I quilted and watched Keeping Up With the Kardashians (too sickening for words). How will I detox from such toxic pop culture? With a four day stay at Kripalu of course!



My mom and I leave tomorrow for our yoga retreat adventure, and I am so excited. Here is part of our itinaray: Tue 3/10
6:30–7:45 am Kripalu Gentle and Moderate Yoga Classes
9:00–10:30 am Ayurveda: Life in Balance
Come learn simple, everyday approaches for increasing your health and vitality through Ayurveda, an ancient approach to health care that originated in India. Ayurvedic wisdom teaches us to connect with our deepest selves, the source of all healing.
11:00–11:50 am Breath of Yoga, Breath of Life
Explore the integrative power of breath, both on and off the yoga mat. We'll talk, move, meditate, and breathe. All levels welcome!
12:00–1:00 pm Kripalu YogaDance
2:00–2:50 pm Transforming Stress
With the economic challenges facing so many of us, stress is the single greatest medical risk to maintaining good health. Come learn how stress affects your health and how self care is your best insurance policy.
4:15–5:45 pm Kripalu Gentle and Vigorous Yoga Classes
4:15–6:15 pm Kripalu Extended Moderate Yoga Class
7:30–9:00 pm Whole Foods Cooking Demo
Join us for a comprehensive talk and hands-on demonstration on the joys and benefits of whole food cooking. Learn simple methods for a healthier diet that you can maintain throughout the year.

It is so on! (Hippy Style)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kripalu! whoa. the cross coastal bond just gets deeper.

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]