Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Believe In a Magnificent God

Maybe because it's spring, or maybe because I am about to totally disrupt my life and uproot myself, or probs because I'm just woo woo like that, but I have been reading a lot of self help books lately. I love self help books. I tend not to finish them (because who really to change?) but I get a lot out of them anyway.

The last book I just finished, Eat Pray Love, is technically apart of the chic lit cannon, and not truly a self help book, but I enjoyed it. I like reading about women saying no to babies and marriage and yes to travel, food, yoga, meditation and a whole lot of good sex.

On my good days, I also believe in a magnificent god. Many times have I vowed not to harbor unhealthy thoughts or take myself so seriously on this spiritual pilgrimage called life. So it made my heart glad to hear someone else recount their struggle with being a spiritual and material creature. It was totally cheesy at parts but also earnest and witty a lot, so I recommend.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]