Monday, June 9, 2008

Breaking Down

Stress lowers the immune system and as a result of my impending move, I have succumbed to several illnesses. In addition to my old standbys, depression and anxiety (both of which have been in full effect), I also had an incredibly itchy rash on my left arm, right hand and the left side of my trunk. I like it when people refer to the torso as a "trunk", it makes me feel like a tree.

But I don't like when my yoga teacher makes us do sit-ups and calls them "core strengtheners." She's not fooling me and I don't care how 90's it sounds, they are sit ups. Even if we are all reaching towards a big mural of the elephant head god Ganesh, the Remover of Obstacles (he's so dope).

Anyway, for those of you following my recent health crises, the rash turned out to be poison oak, not scabies, bed bugs, shingles or flea bites. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

A description of what has been going on in my mouth is not fit for public consumption. However, when my vicodin supply ran out I finally accepted the truth and took myself to the dentist. The experience reaffirmed my opinion that dentists are sadists who enjoy robbing you blind, but lesbians have stolen all our safer sex accoutrement from that latex loving profession, so I will try not to hate on them too hard.

A new acupuncture clinic, SF Community Acupuncture, opened up around the corner from my house and they are the best deal in town! I had my first visit on Saturday and am healing rapidly thanks to the magic of some tiny needles and foul tasting Chinese herbs. Thank the goddess there are people who want to provide affordable alternative medicine, it freaking works!

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]