Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mourning

Many of you know that I've been wanting to shave my head since Tucker died. I wanted to grow my hair long and cut it off and leave it at her grave.
My inspiration was the scene in Willow, where Willow's wife gives him her braid before he leaves for the great adventure. The image of her beautiful red braid made a strong impression on me.
I planned on shaving my head when I returned to the Bay Area in August. However, Finn's death prompted me to take immediate action and mingle my hair with his on the bathroom floor.

Job stood up, tore his robe in grief, and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground and worshiped. Job 1:20

For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 1 Corinthians 11:6

Many thanks to Erika and Andy who provided moral support, buzzing assistance and documented the cathartic process.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

vive la revolution!

Anonymous said...

i love you, mellie d'franco!

Andy said...

I love it!

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]