Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Resting

I have spent hundreds of dollars since arriving in Portland two days ago. The tent that broke when we tried to set it up in a hail storm had to be replaced. Ditto for the camera I lost while galloping over the plains of South Dakota on a horse. Then there's the usual PDX fare I can't resist: zines, art prints and and a good rub down (my friend hooks me up!).

Beck and I rolled into Seattle on Saturday after surviving the night in a Christian camp ground in Iowa. We tried to pretend we were a straight couple but then they referred to us as the "two boys". Can't pass even when we try, oh well. I feel braver about these things after hanging out with the lesbian moms in Iowa. I also feel REALLY GOOD about not getting into grad school there (thank you HP!).

Torrance came up from Pdx to meet me and we were going to spend several days exploring Seattle but we began to feel unwelcome at the place we were staying after my friend's housemate had extremely loud sex with the door open! We hung out in a coffee shop, went shopping in the gay part of town and then decide to go back to Pdx and watch a beloved high school movie Singles. We enjoy watching the movie more than being in the city, go figure.

Thursday I leave for Mt. Shasta where I will spend the night camping on my own and then head down to the Bay for a week. Although it's been a lot of driving, I put 4000 miles on Yuri so far, this trip has been amazing so far and I can't wait for more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuri the Yaris! yea!

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]