Friday, July 11, 2008

Would You Rather...

Go out dancing on a Friday night or stay home and clean your mom's basement? Tonight I chose the latter and found myself half drunk and sweating away in the humid summer night as my grandmother's 77th bday party dragged on past my socialization point.

It's nice not being too depressed to accomplish things (thanks prozac). In high school, I would have retreated to my room to talk on the phone about how much I hated my family and put off searching for my tent.

Although I failed to get her a birthday present, my grandmother arrived with a gift for me: a traveling utensil set she bought at Eddie Bauer two years ago."I knew you were going to do something like this someday Laura!" She said laughing, referring to the six week cross country road trip I am embarking upon on Monday.

"See that? Grammy has always been a little psychic." My mom told me later.

7+7=14
1+4=5

A pentagram (five pointed star) is a symbol of life. I hope this is a very good year for my grammy.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]