Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fools For Love

Tuesday, April 1st marked the 6th Anniversary of the romantic relationship between my friends Dana and Cristian. As you could perhaps guess from their anniversary falling on April Fool's Day, they have a really good attitude about dating.

For most of the 6 years, they were long distance. I once asked Dana for dating advice and she said "Take it slow." Duly noted. This picture of them was taken on the day they moved in together. Slow and steady, baby.

Cristian is a "masshole" like me and we share a "wicked" sense of humor. Cristian has a tendency to date hot queer women. Once, when I was drunk in college, I walked up to him in the hall and said "Why isn't Claire gay?!?" and then punched him in the stomach. Claire was his girlfriend at time. I didn't remember having done that until I saw him at lunch in the caf the next day. Being a really nice person, he remained my friend after that.

We were all in the same group of friends we called "Gay Fam". It was Ohio and we were bored, so we made up mythology about how we all came about. I don't remember exactly how they were originally related in the gay family tree, but we all know the queer community is incestuous.

On April Fools Day (or a few day after, when I finally finished this blog entry!) I celebrate Cristian and Dana's love, because I love them both as individuals and how great they are together. I can't wait to visit them this summer in Texas and meet their cadre of crazy pets and go swimming in Hippy Hollow.

xoxox

1 comment:

dregina said...

Awww, Mel. Is this some kind of ploy to butter us up and get us back to MA?

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]