Sunday, May 10, 2009

Los Hombres Son Guapos, Pero Soy Gay

Neither of us packed an alarm (why would we do such a helpful thing?), and the front desk failed to awaken us this morning. Just as they failed to pick us up on time from the airport. So we nearly missed our safari tour. The tour guide Tomas was loco en la cabeza and Im not sure I liked him, but parts of the trip was good. We cruised around on a river boat and saw baby crocidiles and then tramped around in the rain forest where I was attacked by solider ants. They have actual teeth! True to form I was devoured by mosquitos, but got to splash around in the brown Carribean Sea which took the sting out.

We were stuck in traffic coming home because there was an accident on the highway in the cloud forest, and ended up hanging out in the middle of a road for an hour. Jen and I got dolled up and went out to a Lebanese bar-club where we were quickly befriended by two dudes from the US. One was seriously macking on Jen, the other was my anarchist soul mate. We talked politics for hours, it was awesome. Hes orginally from CA and sounds like a major stoner, every other word was "dude." Being extremely tired, I fled the club despite his offer of taking me to a spot to score some ganga. Jen decided to stay behind with her novia neuvo, but I have his government id, should anything happen to her.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]