Friday, May 22, 2009

No Me Gusta

So Costa Rica wasn't the dream vacation I had hoped. Torrance had to bail at the last moment for family reasons, which was upsetting on multiple levels. I amassed an injury count to beat the band:
Day 1 bitten by ant with real teeth
Day 3 horrible sunburn
Day 4 stung by stingray in the foot
Day 5 stung by bee in the forehead (after yoga on the beach)
Last day stepped on a crab

Somewhere in between all that my credit card stopped working and I had a serious breakdown. I'm not the luckiest person ever, but I've traveled a fair bit, and this was a bad trip for me. Just one thing after another. I was in so much pain from the stingray--they said it would take 45 min to feel better, then 2 hours, or 3, and finally 24. But guess what? It hurt for days, not the horrible, intense pain of the moment, but a real crappy, owie foot feeling for a week.

1 comment:

danny said...

Wow, that sucks, I'm really sorry that your vacation held so many injuries. You deserved a relaxing vacation after surviving your first year in grad school.
BTW congratulations!

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]