Thursday, March 27, 2008

California Top 10

I have made a list of things I want to do before I leave California. I probably won't be able to do them all in the next 3 months but I am going to try to do as many as reasonably possible. Please let me know if you have suggestions for things I should not miss:
  1. Tahoe: Julie and I are going next month! Hopefully there will still be snow so we can cross-country ski.
  2. Yosemite: I went 17 years ago (old) with my family but have not been in all the time that I've lived out here. Hopefully I won't get as car sick or suffer from elevation induced nosebleeds as last time.
  3. Monterey Bay Aquarium: I hate zoos but apparently this place is all about preserving the ocean creatures and they are free to swim around. That's why I heard at least.
  4. Humboldt: I want to go say hi to Fairley's fam and the beautiful red woods.
  5. The Lost Coast: Foolie hiked this once by herself--she is brave!
  6. Point Reyes: Corey, you know that our annual trip is long overdue.
  7. Angel Island: Supposed to have awesome views of the city.
  8. Chabot Space & Science Center: Angie loves this place and I have been meaning to go forever.
  9. Salvation Mountain/Slab City: I want to meet that sweet old man so much!
  10. Many many hot springs: I'm going to try to work them in as much as possible.
Restaurants
  1. Chez Panisse: If any rich ladies want to take me there, I'm game!
  2. Millennium (again and again and again)
  3. farmer brown's: love the local farmers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

never been to yosemite. it's on.

Andy said...

Do not miss Death Valley. I repeat, DO NOT!!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah - and i wanna go to that place from the n.y. times with you. the restaurant in napa.

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]