Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's Only Kind of Wrong

to put a cat in a hammock.

Every time I go to Latin America I make a vow to buy a hammock. Last summer I even made Julie promise to force me to buy one in Mexico. Did I? No. I always become a crazy miser and start to tell myself "What am I going to do with a hammock? I don't even have a yard!" or "How can I guarantee the quality?" and then finally "I don't want to carry that, I'll buy it at the end of the trip." Yeah right. I still have no hammock.

So it was hard for me to feel happy for my housemate Julie when she told me she was going to drill holes into the walls of her room to hang the hammock her girlfriend had brought back for her from Guatemala. "So you don't want your deposit back?" Is I believe what I said. But she did it anyway, and this weekend we discovered how many different kinds of species enjoy relaxing in a hammock. For the first five minutes, Finn was really into it. Then he became a little angry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crazy. cat. lady.

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]