Friday, November 2, 2007

NaBloPoMo

I have decided to participate in NaBloPoMo a challenge and a website where if you post on your blog every day in the month of November than you can win a prize. I am going to try to do this in hopes that it will get me back in the groove of blog posting and just so I am writing something fun everyday. To learn more go to: http://nablopomo.ning.com/

I am in Washington D.C. for work which is fun for me because I lived here for a semester 10 years ago (holy f, I am old). Today I walked around with my friend Travis and went to the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and the White House. I had my picture taken at each of these places and at the White House I had my picture taken while giving the finger (both fingers actually) and then I posed giving the thumbs up sign in front of the 24 hour peace vigil. I love those freaking people.

When I lived here I called the Washington Monument 'the blinking phallus' because it has two holes on each side that red light shines out of in the night time. It looks really sinister, these scary red eyes, and today Travis articulated that the Washington Monument looks like a giant Klansman, which I think is true. So clearly it is a perfect symbol for racist government but I think it's pretty awful to have sight a symbol staring out at the city of D.C. which is predominately black.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]