Wednesday, November 7, 2007

No Music, No Cry



Two of my favorite artists, Mos Def and M.I.A., are playing sold out shows in S.F. tonight and I have to go to a board meeting (insert sad face emoticon here). I never go to concerts anymore because I am old and the headliners never come on before midnight and that's too freaking late for a school night. I did go to the Dead Prez show last month that was a benefit for the SF8 Case but there were five opening acts, no one even talked about the case, we left after three songs because we were so tired and got sexually harassed on the way out. Total crap.

Also, all the shows are so expensive. In the 90s I saw Sleater Kinney and Ani DiFranco play for $8 (different shows). Now every band I would ever want to see charges at least $30/ticket. WTF? Inflation hasn't gone up that much. But if I was going to go to a show, I would really love to see M.I.A. because I'm sure she would be amazingly creative with her stage performance.

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]