Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What I'm Grateful For

That I live in a city where I can pre-order a vegan, gluten and sugar-free, raw, pumpkin pie a few days before Thanksgiving and then stroll down to pick it up on my lunch break (while also getting a tasty raw, sugar-free, vegan milkshake). Where is this paradise for neurotic hippy people with food issues? Well the city is San Francisco, duh, and the restaurant is Cafe Gratitude, where all the items on the menu have names like "I am Radiant" and "I am Chipper". When I went there last week with my intern, I announced I was going to the bathroom by telling her "I am Peeing". She didn't think it was that funny but I did. Sadly, like many other veggie restaurants, the place is run by people who are in a cult, but I am down with their ethos and abundantly grateful that they make such tasty treats for me to eat.

The New York Times recently featured Gratitude, Millennium and some of my other favorite veggie places: http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/travel/18Choice.html?ref=travel

No comments:

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]